Thursday, October 3, 2013

I Still Can't Let Go...

You never said "I Love you"
But I always hoped you would
I always felt so safe in your arms
So I never hid
But for some reason
I always thought we would last
I was always there to help you
You never had to ask
I even gave you my heart and soul
And you locked it up and tucked it away
There's never a day that does't go by
Where I don't find myself looking
Into the midnight sky
Thinking of us and where we went wrong
And how to fix it, so the problems would be gone
At night, I slept easy until you broke my heart
Now, I'm nursing that broken heart
How I can understand
Why you did tha to me
If you won't even look at me
You're so afraid to hold me
Less afraid to le go
You're so afraid to admit your feelings
But I'm nervous that you won't accept me
or can't
But for you to take me to my high school dance
To make all the moves
And not hold back
You had me believing that I was all yours
Then you think you have the right
To go behind my back
You called up one of my friends
To tell her how you felt
That you're scared that it's starting again
All I did was invite you to the winter dance
You're the jerk who made the moves
Me sitting on your lap
Cuddling in the car, where you didn't hold back
For some reason
I thought you were better than that
So I hope you're happy
Cause my heart's been broken right in half
When I needed you the most
You turned your back
You saw me at church
And I hoped we'd meet up
It was a sncere hope
And for that split second
As I walked towards your pew
A fell length cross in my hands
I felt when our eyes met
It seemed like the world was
Stuck in slow motion
But then that feeling left.
So our romance
Has landed in  a rut
And with it has landed me
With a broken and aching heart
And while I wish that it hadn't happened with you
I lie in bed wishing my heart was still whole
For some reason
I still can't let go

No comments:

Post a Comment